School is in session! Need an easy breakfast idea for those hectic mornings?
Wouldn’t it be nice to grab and go something healthy as you are running out the door?
Try adding these easy egg bites to your weekly prep to add some nutrition and color to your mornings. Make starting your day a little bit easier and healthier! The kids will love them, too!
How to make your mornings easier:
**TIP: you can use any veggies you have in the fridge! If some of your veggies are getting soft, use them in these bites!**
Heat a tablespoon of olive oil up in a pan on med/low.
Chop 1/2 orange bell pepper, 1/2 red bell pepper and 1/2 of an onion and add them all to the pan. Sautee until soft.
Add chopped mushrooms until cooked through. If you are adding spinach, you can add a handful of spinach when you add the mushrooms.
While that is cooking, crack 6 eggs into a bowl (these can also be made with egg-whites) and whisk together with 1/4 cup milk (almond or oatmilk if you prefer) and a dash of salt and pepper.
You can add cheese if desired.
Once the veggies are done add to the egg mixture.
Grease a muffin tin with olive oil or avacado oil spray. Add the egg mixture to the tin. This will give you 12 egg bites when done.
Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until solid.
Once cooled, store in an air tight container and refrigerate. Now you have breakfast for the week. My kids love them and I love that they aren’t eating food with preservatives and I can truly say I make my kids breakfast every day!
Easy Egg Bites
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Chop 1/2 orange, 1/2 red bell pepper and 1/2 sweet onion.
- Heat pan with tbsp. olive oil to sauté until almost cooked through.
- Add chopped mushrooms + a handful of spinach to the veggies and sauté with the rest of the veggies until cooked.
- Whisk 6 eggs together with in a bowl with 1/4 C. milk, a dash of salt and pepper and add veggies to the mix. (If you want to add sausage or bacon, cook that separately and add it into the egg mixture with the veggies.)
- Mix in some cheese to the mixture if you desire.
- Grease muffin tin with olive oil spray and add the egg mixture to the tin dividing evenly.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until cooked through and the egg mixture is solid.
- Let cool and place in airtight container to refrigerate.
- Enjoy your mornings!
I made these when I was on Whole30. I adjusted the recipe to accommodate. They are perfect for that!
I hope this helps make your mornings a little easier and nutritious. Let me know how it helped you.