Who doesn’t want an easy banana bread recipe that requires little effort but still tastes good? When it comes to banana bread, it can be really hard to find a recipe that you like. (It can be even more challenging when you want it to be gluten-free). Over the years I have made plenty of banana bread. It has ended up being too flat, too dense, too bitter, too sweet, to bland, too salty….you name it, I have made it.
I finally found a recipe that my family and I absolutely love. It never lasts too long whenever I make it. I have recently started substituting gluten-free flour for the all-purpose flour when I did Whole30 and have found it to be just as delicious as the original. It is just as fluffy. The awesome thing about this recipe is that it really is delicious both traditional and gluten-free. And I love to make sure my bananas are ripe. REALLY ripe….too ripe. But, the more ripe they are, the sweeter they are and the less sugar I need to use! I like to let nature sweeten my food when I can.
One of the best things about this bread is that it is EASY! No mixer needed! Everything can be done quickly and with just a few ingredients. You don’t have to make it gluten-free
2-3 very ripe bananas (the more ripe the sweeter)
1/3 cup of melted butter (Use Nutiva Shortening instead of butter to be dairy-free)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. sugar (You can add up to a cup depending on how sweet you like it)
1 Lg. egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour(you can use gluten-free instead if you want)
1 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350, prepare a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
2. In mixing bowl, mash up ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir melted butter into mashed bananas.
3. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg and vanilla. Mix in the flour.
4. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Test center with a toothpick to make sure it is cooked through.
5. Remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes then remove banana bread from tin.
This is such a simple and delicious bread. Try it!! I think you will agree that it is so easy and so so GOOD!
Leave a Reply